Tuesday 19 November 2013

BRANDING - LOGO, COLOUR, SHAPES





Above is the final style of my branding/logo for my website, on each page will have this border, as its minimalistic and allows the user to get around the site more easily. 



To the left is my logo for my site and my overall branding to be recognised easily by the audience.
With influence from other photography sites I wanted to keep it simple, with just my name so it would be easier to find. At the same time, I wanted my personal logo to stand out. With the text in a simple font (Bellarose) and the colour a light grey, it reinforces that the focus is on the photos and nothing else. However, to give the logo a personal identity almost, I played on the word spot and coloured in the "O" in a calm blue. And the four circles are a continual representation throughout the site.
Also, I chose the grey and blue alongside each other  as they work best against the white background, and they balance each other, like one colour isn't over powering the other, so its easy on the eye. When creating the logo I did research what colours can represent, and commonly blue showed a sense of calmness and shows perspective, which will allow the user to read into my images easily. Yet, the grey balances it out by representing security and maturity, suggesting a seriousness of the site. 

To the right in the moving gif, it shows the pages that will be seen in my site. Obviously, to keep the brand identity, the text will be in grey and lowercases, with the four circles acting as a bullet point. Again, this keeps a continuity for the audience, and emphasising that this is my photography site.  









No comments:

Post a Comment