Sunday 16 February 2014

MY ROLE - BEGINNINGS OF DESIGNS

For this semester, we are in a group of three to create the website, and each member has a certain role to play. 

My role in this group is to DESIGN. I was involved with the branding of the whole website and making sure that it reaches the target audience of male/female students. When starting the design/layout for the site, I personally begin to focus on a logo, as I believe from that it will tie everything together as the site builds. Also, when creating the logo, I created a number versions of it, with different colours as I can see what works best and then build up a layout of a potential website page. 

The logos to left show the beginnings of the creation. The name "K - GO" with the arrow, basically means, Kingston Go, meaning that the user is able to see all things to do with Kingston on the site and its just a simple/easy design to read. Furthermore, I tried to develop it further, by adding in colours and potential slogans but I felt that it became a bit to much on the page. So, as a group we decided to keep the original idea and begin to use colours to see what worked best. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment