Friday 3 January 2014

WEBSITE EVALUATION

My individual website is based upon my own personal photography, with the pictures I have captured throughout the years. With them, I then went onto create my own personal style through the editing skill of 'spot-colour', meaning the images are in black & white, but one aspect of the image is highlighted with its original colour. Also, I put in some information about why I like photography and forms of social media so the audience can keep in contact with me or updated with my new images. 

Within my site I feel there is some success, especially through my branding. The logo and titles of pages consist with the 4 circles, putting emphasis on 'spot-colour' and its simplicity stands out to the audience. Also, the use of the blue and grey keeps the site simple, and it's not hard on the viewers eye, so they will be more keen to look in at the website. My images themselves have successfully been edited and put into the size/pixels, so they are clear to see on the site. Also, I have made a Twitter & Tumblr page, to keep in contact with my audience, whom are young adults into photography or even study it as a corse. This shows that I am already beginning to use different media platforms to create my site and keep the target audience informed. 

Although, I feel there can be some improvements made to my website. Personally, I believe that it needs to be more interactive and get the actual audience member involved into my website, to get them lost within my works and maybe inspire them to photography in my way. Also, for the future I will look into more media platforms, like use videos or audios, just to make the website more interesting, but with that I would to keep the simple, minimalist style of my website. Lastly, I feel I need a bit knowledge on Dreamweaver to make my site really successful.  

Overall, my first attempt of creating a website went well, as there are a number of different medias like images, social media and email on the site. Also I feel the branding and colours were consist throughout and the simple look makes the site look cleaner and neat. With this simplicity, I feel it researches to my audience of young adults into photography as the sites main focus is on the images. Yet, for future works on the web I feel my site needs to be more interactive and get the viewer involved more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment